Marketing Probate Properties
As with any property sale, the marketing is critical to achieve the best result. I believe the probate, conservatorship and trust client deserves the best that I can offer. While many agents offer only “the bare bones”, you’ll find complete disclosures, inspections, the finest marketing plan and attention to detail are included in my service.
Extremely Effective Marketing
A complete and coordinated marketing plan developed to sell property at the highest price in the shortest amount of time, while standing up to the closest scrutiny of the court and other interested parties.
Prior to meeting with you, I will:
- Tour other properties in the neighborhood to “size up” the competition. What was the condition of recently sold properties? Did they “stage” theirs? What is the rehab market in the area?
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis to price the property to create the most interest and Market Trends Report to assess where the market is going and who our most likely buyer will be.
- At our meeting we’ll discuss: 1) Your needs and concerns and 2) The properties qualities and features. Then 3) We’ll decide on how and when to proceed.
Upon signing a listing agreement I will:
- Place in the multiple listing services seen by almost all Realtors in the greater Bay Area.
- Load a photo tour on my web site WWW.MICHAELSTEPHENS.NET, the multiple listing service and all web sites possible.
- Create a custom web site for the property and develop full coverage on the internet. See the Internet Marketing section for more details.
- Schedule broker tours to inform the real estate community of the selling points of the property.
- Schedule Sunday open houses to generate interest with buyers.
- Advertise in the major local newspaper’s open house sections, the general listings of the Sunday San Francisco Chronicle real estate section and its online service SFGate.com, Craigslist.com, etc. The response from this source is amazing!
- Place a distinctive Highland Partners sign at the sidewalk with my phone number, Email and web site.
- Send flyers to all the top real estate agents in the East Bay.
- Send announcements to my farm area and personal list of buyers, sellers and past clients.
- Contact all contractors and owner/builders I know personally. I have an ongoing program for this group of buyers.
- Property Watch. Our proprietary system that sends listings via Email to buyers interested in your specific area.
- Send a mailer to the neighborhood announcing the house is for sale. Many times people want family members to move in to a home close by.
- Hand deliver an invitation to the surrounding 50 neighbors for an exclusive wine and snacks open house “before the house is open to the public”. This is very simple and effective.
- Send an HTML Email announcement prepared exclusively for your own address book. This will make sure all of your contacts, friends and co-workers know the property is for sale.
- Track all real estate agents who have shown the property to clients and call them to access interest.
- Weekly update will be sent to you, via email, of all activity such as open house attendance, calls, disclosures sent out, hits on the MLS and all other websites.
These efforts, when combined with the benefits of preparing the property for sale, whether remodeling, staging, lightening and brightening or selective repairs will make your property stand out in the market place.
I will also prepare a complete file of all the marketing efforts for any interested parties.
Internet Marketing: The Power of Multiple Websites
- 123 Main Street.com ( your custom web site )
- Loopnet.com (The premier investment property site)
- 84%+ of home buyers start their search on the internet.
The Internet is a major source of information for homebuyers. Listings are available online through major national and local real estate portals, exposing your home to hundreds of thousands of potential buyers.
Potential buyers can access your home listing via major national real estate portals including AOL.com, the San Francisco Chronicle’s SFGate.com, Knight-Ridder’s BayArea.com, and Realtor.com, as well as my proprietary website.
Facts about Internet homebuyers:
- 90 percent of homebuyers use the Internet as an information source.
- 72 percent drove by/visited a home they saw online.
- Users tend to be younger and earn more than non-Internet users
- “Real Estate” is one of the most searched terms on major search engines.
I will expose your listing to the widest possible audience.
Please do not hesitate to call or email with comments or questions,